Friday, July 2, 2010

Feeling and Allowing



Throughout much of my life, the feelings that brought me down were the same: guilt, shame, resentment, sadness. On the other side of that, the feelings that raised me up were: love, acceptance, compassion and understanding. The challenge was then, to find the common thread. What made these feelings show up? I was so accustomed to feeling an emotion and then reacting...no time for reflection...no analysis done at all. I felt what I felt so there! Everyone, including me, was a victim of my emotions.

It wasn't until I sat with it...until I let the emotion wash over me, that I was able to gain some insight. I could sit quietly with the guilt, for instance, and allow a part of myself to observe the emotion. What is this really signifying? Unrealized expectations? Unworthiness? Fear? Lack of love? All of it...came the answer.

Who else can do this work? Who else can tell you the significance of your experience? If we do not take the time to look within and have love for own journey, we shall surely wander aimlessly loveless and alone.

Feel it. Allow it. Know it to be a part of your true and remarkable self. You are made up of a million shiny pieces...some could be called good and others bad. It is all you and it is all worthy. You are worthy. And when you make the effort, the Universe responds! Here it is! Here's you! You have unlocked the door and it's all here! The hurt, the redemption and the meaning of YOUR life!

And it all starts by feeling what you feel and allowing it to be. Come with me. Let's do this thing.

**This post was inspired by Chapter 1 of the AMAZING book by Gabrielle Bernstein: Add More ~ing To Your Life
.

1 comment: