Friday, August 20, 2010

If I Can Be of Service


My interests have changed a lot in the past couple years. I have changed. Different people surround me now and yet a lot of those who I have loved for so long are still here too. There is a lovely balance that is being brought back to my life. I can mix the old with the new and love it all. I hide out no longer and the truth feels AMAZING.

Being surrounded by various people with their own missions and agendas can get a little overwhelming for us though. At least I know it can for me. I like my time with my husband & children and I also love time alone. This means I can get a little choosy when it comes to how I spend any remaining time. So my inner guide helps me along.

And now instinctively I think: If I can be of service, then yes, I will do this. It has helped so much and allows me to move through my life without guilt and without regret. When I choose to do something, it is with the intention that I am helping another and that there are loving consequences to this. My time is precious as is yours. We need to bring as much love as possible to any given situation and we cannot do that if we're doing something we do not really want to. To quote Jewel: "No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from". Think: What's driving me here? If you are coming from a place of guilt or seeking approval, rethink it.

But if you can be of service, consider it. If there is a way to apply the gifts you have in order to help someone out, give it a shot. This is why we are here. And this is what makes us feel good. We all want to be loved and noticed but we often go about this in very unhealthy ways. So this is a good gut-check. If I can be of service and can approach this task with love, then let's do it. Let's work together. Let's shine a light in the dark. Let's change the world.

Photo Credit

3 comments: