Friday, April 30, 2010

Letting Go of Who I Was


This past year has been hugely transformational for me. I am still in the midst of this change. From time to time I fall...I mourn. Sadness washes over me as I realize I am not who I once was. The experience is not sad though. I know this. Although my immediate reaction may be melancholy, I am able to shift quickly now. I shift to a grateful acceptance of the new me.

Friendships have changed. How my time is spent has changed. My intentions have changed. I have shed a lot of old skin and emerged anew! It's not always pleasant, but it is absolutely necessary and so worth it.

I used to identify myself with so many external things. This, I thought, helped me to know my worth in the world. I would question "Is my job good enough? Do I make enough money? Do we live in a nice enough neighbourhood? Am I smart enough?". Of course all of this was meaningless. Being in competition leads to misery every single time. Life is not a race.

And so I work on shedding these things. I get better and better at it everyday. Who I really am is not concerned with how much money I make. My authentic self is concerned only with creative expression of my divine purpose! As I let go of the labels I used to love, I become more me...the me who will not be defined because I am constantly evolving!

This is freedom. This is peace.

I am still learning and I often need reminders. I make sure to surround myself with people who do just that. Time alone is most important though. The voice within knows better than anyone else what I need to work on and where I need more love. Being at peace with my own journey is so key. I am who I am today because of all that has happened up until this very moment. And though it is necessary to let go of who I was, I have love for every thought, action and feeling that has led me here.

I know I did my best.

http://livewelllivewealth.yolasite.com
http://twitter.com/LiveWealth

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I feel so honored to have you as a friend and to watch you go through this amazing journey!

    So much love to you!

    c

    ReplyDelete