Monday, September 20, 2010

Hold Back No More


I used to glide blindly. I used to hum along. I barely breathed at all. My mission was "to get through"....to get through the day, to get through the traffic, to get through life. The things I looked forward to were meals, or drinks or house parties or TV shows. While I think that these are all lovely diversions, they are not living. Living is shining. Living is expressing.

My soul bubbles and churns. It is constantly creating and recreating. It waits for me to open my eyes to the truth of who I am. My soul longs for me to acknowledge what needs to be shown to the world. And I am not special. Your soul cries out just as mine does. I have decided to listen.

No longer will I hide out. No longer will I deny who I am. I am a loving, giving spirit with a gift for writing. I am a writer.

Sure I have dabbled in things...sales, customer service, social media, nutrition...but what lights me up, what quickens my pulse, what excites me is writing!

So when someone asks me: "And what do you do Danielle?", I will speak the truth. "Well Bob, I am a writer." There. No more "Uh, well it's complicated." or "Um I'm home with my kids." No! I hold back no more. I surrender to my soul and I tell the unabashed, beautiful truth. I, Danielle Boonstra, am a writer. This is me living. This is what I will pursue until the day that I die.

1 comment: