Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Big Things


A few months ago I sent a card to a friend saying: “We are meant for BIG things.” At the time that note came out of a vision I had had. The vision was of a book authored by my friend with an endorsement from me on the back. This vision excited me. It felt real and it still does. I saw success; I saw achievement; I saw peace.

The realization I had today was this: I’m already doing big things. (And so is my friend by the way.) I’ve been doing big things ever since I made the decision to stop living small. For me this happened as soon as I made the choice to quit a job I did not enjoy in pursuit of something better: in pursuit of cultivating my God-given talents, my purpose. I was starting to shine my light in a much bigger way than ever before.

And now I am setting an example for my children. I am being the person I am meant to be and since I want no less than that for them, this is huge. They can count on me to be honest. I have nothing to hide. And the reality is that I learn so much more about myself & life being at home with them than I ever did in 6 years of working in offices.

If I am going to teach anyone about living my truth I want it to be my children.

I have no need for fame. I do, however, want the message to be famous and I am willing to be a messenger for self-love and truth. There are a lot of people who need to be woken up and I say it here and now: it begins at home. I do this inner work at home and it spreads from there. It multiplies!

Oh yes I am doing big things! Woven in with the tea parties, the diaper changes and the bedtime stories are countless moments of love and peace. The message that we create our own lives and that only love is real is going viral and I am honoured to be a part of spreading that bug!

1 comment:

  1. "It begins at home" - so very true, indeed. Everyday miracles.
    I just loved reading this and so needed it right now. I am slowly realizing the process of taking conscious account for the miracles that are already present in my life. Removing those labels and seeing the love within every moment. Thank you so much. Blessings♥

    ReplyDelete