Monday, January 25, 2010

Bold For a Change




I recently decided that I have spent way too much of my life trying to please others. I remember about 5 years ago complaining to a friend who was in her late 30s about a family member who just didn't like me. I lamented that it did not matter what I did or said, this person never had anything good to say to me. My friend just laughed and said "It's funny the things you care about in your 20s that don't bother you a bit when you are older.". I thought to myself at the time: "That was so NOT helpful.", but now I understand what she meant. If you try to please everyone, you will end up pleasing no one, least of all yourself. People can't stand people who try too hard.

So I have decided to be myself at all times. How original indeed.

Slowly, I am starting a movement. This movement involves living your life according to your own dreams and values. No longer will we give in when the world says we should. We shall follow our own path blazed with passion, talent and a desire to serve others. We remain focused and surround ourselves with people who share our dream. We stay positive, work hard and treat others with compassion. We live in the moment with a clear vision of the end result. We leave room for adjustments along the way knowing that there are countless ways to achieve our goals.

Ok, so I'm not speaking to an auditorium full of hundreds of people every night. I am starting the movement by being a living example. By changing the way I live my life, I will affect others. Gandhi said: "Be the change you want to see in the world.". I will be the Bold. Bold for a change.

Danielle Boonstra

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    You are invited to join my Fabulous Club
    Requirements: A - State "I Am Fabulous"
    B - Be That
    :)
    Namaste,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: C - Optional: Invite others to join

    ReplyDelete