Friday, July 23, 2010

Loving Forgiv~ing!


So I am re-visiting the steps laid out by Gabrielle Bernstein in her book “Add More ~ing” to Your Life. The book is laid out BRILLIANTLY in my opinion. I’ve heard Gabby say that you’ve got to “Clear up the crazy” before you can really begin to manifest your hopes and desires. In fact the chapter entitled “Manifest~ing” does not appear until near the end of the book. This is because we hold a lot of negative ideas and resentments which are not in alignment with who we really are. These feelings keep us back from attaining the life we truly want because they are attached to fear. It is not until we can begin to align ourselves with love and compassion that the content of our authentic dreams becomes clear.

The first two chapters of the book are the most important to me: Feel~ing and Forgiv~ing. I needed to look at my thoughts. I needed to examine how I saw the people and events in my life and how it all made me feel. Realizing that I held a lot of anger, guilt and resentment about so many aspects of my life kind of shocked me. I thought I was a pretty easy-going, laid-back woman. To actually monitor my thoughts and feelings painted a totally different picture. I often had thoughts like: “That’s not fair.” “Why me?” “What an idiot!” etc. I had to laugh at myself. I had been just a little bit delusional. Through 30 days of looking at and sitting with my feelings I learned a lot about myself and what could trigger sadness, anger, guilt, resentment. I began to feel so much compassion for myself. I knew it was ok to feel this way, but also knew that I didn’t want to anymore. And so the only way to truly move past this negativity was to forgive.

I forgive you. Even just saying the words helps me breathe a little easier. I feel lighter just considering forgiving someone. So I set out to revisit forgiving this coming month. I have made a mental list of who I should offer absolution and am shocked at how many people there are! Keep in mind I had done this before and since! I think though, that I have been forgiving the obvious….parents, husband, in-laws, children, myself. So now what about a boss from 10 years ago? A particularly rude sales clerk from when I was 12? It’s all important and every person, as they are each my brother or sister, deserves to be forgiven. And I deserve to be released from the bitterness I have been feeling for far too long.

I look forward to it. I am loving forgiv~ing. With each act of forgiveness I become unburdened. I stand up straighter, shoulders back, looking ahead with love. This work will never stop and that’s ok. It gets easier.

To buy Gabrielle's Book, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. Forgiveness is so important. Generally I write a letter to the people I need to forgive, read the letter to the Universe, than burn. Very releasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post- I was reading through some of your previous posts too, and they're all wonderful. Don't you just feel blessed to have learned the Law of Attraction and the way of letting that positive energy flow through?!
    I know I do :)It is something I strive for everyday! Life is so much better when it is lived in harmony.

    ReplyDelete