Friday, February 12, 2010

This Woman's Work


I have to confess. It's harder than it looks.
As a mother, wife, human on a spiritual journey there are times.... Times when I feel so overwhelmed I think I may just break down.

Just yesterday I was in a class at my spiritual community and a friend who is in her late 50s was commenting to me how she remembers the struggle being at home with 2 kids. And I thought to myself "Struggle? What struggle? I'm just fine thanks.". Of course there are days where everything is fine. There are days when everything is wonderful! I am living in the flow and full of love and joy. But then there are days when I am not.

There are days when I am quick to anger, annoyed by every little thing and feeling trapped.

As a "spiritual person" I sometimes forget that these feelings are ok. I forget that repressing these feelings doesn't get rid of them. If I don't acknowledge what is going on within and forgive myself, it just pops up later...and tenfold.

I am busy. I juggle a lot of things and I know I do it well. That does not mean that I don't sometimes drop the ball. The trick is to forgive myself; to replace those icky feelings with feelings of love and acceptance. When I do this I can transform. I change not only myself, but those around me.

Denial never helped anyone and this woman's work is too important to be stymied. When I live in love and acceptance, I change the world one day at a time.
**Check out www.herfuture.com to find a mentor or to mentor another woman today!

No comments:

Post a Comment