Friday, February 19, 2010

What Would Love do?


This is a question I have decided to ask myself from now on. I will ask it when I don't get what I want, when I am interrupted, when my children yell and scream, when my cat throws up on the couch....you get the idea. What would Love do? The answer to me is that Love would just be. Love would just be the ever-presence of itself. Love would accept what is and move on. Love would only acknowledge that which is real and the only real thing *is* Love.

I am not saying that it's not ok to get upset, to feel hurt or even to lash out. These are perfectly understandable reactions. The problem for me is that these don't serve me. I do not learn from that anymore. I am 30 years old and have spent too much time feeling hurt and not feeling good. When I let Love in, I feel better. I learn more about myself and all that I am capable of. We all do.

Our world could benefit so much from more kindness and compassion. It's not about being in control of every situation, or getting our fair share. With a shift in your understanding you can realize that you do control your surroundings and you always have. You also realize that there is enough to go around. There is plenty of good for everyone and sharing your good only brings more to you. You can give more, laugh more, hug more. That is what Love would do.

**Know any women in need of a mentor? Check out herfuture.com today!

No comments:

Post a Comment